Sometimes its hard to find REAL friends. You know, the kind who tell you like it is.....support your decisions even when those decisions are bad...and want to STILL hang out with you after 15 plus years of knowing you. I am lucky enough to have several of those friends, and it just so happens 3 of us have rotten boys around the same age who are also friends.
Here are the little friends
Here are MY big friends with the little friends (last year)
AND here are the little friends as of last week! Are they really that big?? Tucker, Porter and Preston!!!
I hope they will ALWAYS remain friends ( I think they will) and be the kind of friends that I have with their mothers!!!
Well it wasnt really me BUT it was my decision. My 18 month old little boy has never had a hair cut. I couldn't do it. The sweet little curls made him seem like a baby, not a toddler. I couldn't stand the thought of him growing up. Ugh. I debated and debated. Finally the hubs kicked in and said this is the weekend for a hair cut!!! So after kicking and screaming we decided to cut a little off. And just a little it was, but it changed everything. My toddler looks like a toddler!
The Rats nest
he HATED it!!!
he kept saying " All done...all done"
Please ignore the lack of make up and glasses ...I have pink eye!!! BUT his hair is soooo much better!!!
Ok well its officially NOT summer time but since we have had highs around 85 it sure feels like it to me!!!
Here are so quick tidbits of what is going on in the hay:
1. Mothers day, Oh sweet Mothers day. It was nice, a bit relaxing and enjoyable time with my 2 boys.
2. Nate bought me a pair of Ray Ban sunglasses for Mothers day. I LOVE them. I have never owned expensive sunglasses, so we shall see if I can not sit on them, step on them, lose them, drop them in the pool or anything crazy for a while!!!
3. Tucker made me a pot holder with his hand print! This whoops the sunglasses .
4. The March of Dimes walk got rained out Saturday!!! So disappointed. Our shirts were soooo cute too :). I am waiting to hear back from the director as to how we did money wise...I am guessing over $1000.00
5. All my flowers are planted and looking great. I am tired of watering them ALREADY and its only been 3 days. uh oh.
6. I am ready to take Tucker to the Zoo, camping and the water park. Those things will be our vacations this year. After all, vacations aren't really vacations when you have to pack up the house and have a cranky toddler!!! (well technically Tuck and I have had 2 vacations down south already).
7.Tucker's dog name Bear....is a BEAR. (in growth size anyways)
8. I am getting all the pool chemicals together, I think it shall be open in the next 2 weeks.
9. Did I mention that my toddler is a baseball, basketball, anything with ball fanatic. Seriously, its crazy how good Tucker is at baseball. I am hoping the Cardinals are looking at him already :)
10. I wanted to end on a even number, so have a GREAT day :)
Yesterday was my mothers birthday. Any girl who has a relationship with their mother like I do with mine is one lucky girl!!!! Through thick and thin, good and bad and even the ugly she is still a best friend and role model!! Happy Birthday MOM!!!!
And next, my niece Kailee has a birthday May 6th. I can almost feel the tears roll down my cheek as I think about her turning 7. SEVEN. OMG. This little girl lights up my life! She is an angel from above and it kills me that I can't be there when she turns 7. BUT I did send her really really cute shoes. Happy Birthday Kailee J!
And lastly, Happy Mothers day to all the mothers out there...BUT not only do I honor mothers on mothers day....this day is for Grandmothers, Aunts and anybody who holds a "mother like job"!!!
I am not sure my plans yet, but the weather says 80 and sunny...ummm...winery?
I am a mom to Tucker Joseph...the light of my life. I am a wife to a man who works too hard and loves with all his heart. We love life, we love God, we love our families and this is were you will read all about those adventures. I have struggled with miscarriages in the past, struggled with friends, jobs and typical situtaions. I have learned to lean on family, friends and the higher power to get me to the beautiful place I am NOW!