Thursday, November 5, 2009

My 1st Trip

Yesterday evening I took my first trip to .......Labor and Delivery. The long hallway lined with all the precious baby pictures, families gathered in the waiting rooms, moms and dads holding new babies. I experienced it all for about 2 hours. Here's how I got there....

Yesterday I had my final doctors appointment. I was so excited because after all this was THE appointment where I would find out when we get to meet Tucker. After arriving in the room, with Nate thank goodness, they took my blood pressure. No sweat, my blood pressure is always almost perfect. Yesterday it went something like this... 153/97 and the second time 147/93. Yep not so good.

So my doctor ( who I found out I LOVE when it comes down to it, she is on top of stuff) came to check on me and said we might be meeting a baby soon. She sent me straight to labor and delievery and had me convinced we would deliver a baby tomorrow. I was scared, if my blood pressure was up then I can't imagine what it was when I get to L and D. I was strapped to monitors, blood pressure gages, blood drawn , urine samples, etc. only to find out that my blood pressure had gone down.....woohoo.

Now dont' get me wrong, I would have loved to have baby Tucker today but me myself wasn't prepared. I am type A. I need all my ducks in a row and everything done around me before I can have a baby. My bags aren't packed, the laundry isn't caught up, I could vacuum one more time, the car seat is not installed and the list goes on and on. So after being sent home from L and D, I can now prepare. I have a week to prepare actually because she is inducing me next Thursday. So Tucker should arrive November 12th.

So world....are you as ready as I am to meet Tucker?? ONE week to go

10 comments:

Alaina @ Three Ladies and a Dad said...

ONE WEEK! How exciting!

Meredith said...

I am totally the same in terms of Type A, ducks-in-a-row!

Ahhh! One week!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, one week!!! So exciting!

Alicia said...

Only 1 more week!!! I happy that you were able to wait and get everything just how you want it. I know I would be the same way.

Jill said...

One week!?!?! Are you having some help (girlfriends or family) come over to help you accomplish all of those things that you listed, plus more in the next week??? I hope you do! That's going to be a whirlwind but SO worth it!!! Can't wait until next week!!!!

JennyLee said...

Oh my goodness only one week to go!

gv said...

How crazy! Get that laundry done!!! JK-enjoy your last week before baby T gets here!

leah @maritalbless said...

AHHH! Crazy! Make use of your time now! Can't wait!

Mrs. Zachary Evans said...

Yes, can't wait!!!!

Adrienne said...

the next week will fly by