Tuesday, July 5, 2011

10 Years Ago...

10 years ago my hair was a big puff...there were no chi straighteners to fry it every morning.

My biggest worry was how much tip money I would be making at Cracker Barrell that evening to fill my car up with gas. Gas was 1.50 a gallon or so.

I didn't drive a nice car...and nobody cared.

I didn't have to have designer clothing and nobody that I knew personally did.

My neighbors were my family and my friends were too.

There were 32 people in my class and I knew all their names...and their middle names and their older siblings names and most of them had dogs and I knew their dogs names.

The "jocks" were also in the honor society.

If you told your friends to meet you at "The Tree" they knew exactly where that was.

There were NO cell phones or Internet access to things. If your parents needed you they drove " UP town" to find you.

My jeans were tapered, my tee shirts said Tommy Hilfiger on them and my tennis shoes were Keds.

This weekend my very small class and celebrated 10 years. We picked up right where we left off and I loved it. We hope to do it every  5 years now and yes most of these people are still my BEST friends!!
These girls are STILL my best friends!!!! (that is me in the black on the left in case you are confused ...hehe)

2 comments:

leah @maritalbless said...

Haha! I love the rundown and the reunion picture!

Lyryn said...

We are celebrating our 10 year in November! Yay class of 2001!!! However.. . get this.... I'm the one planning it. I should have rethought running for class treasurer my senior year! lol.