Monday, November 8, 2010

The 5 days from HELL.....

Here we go...are you ready for this. THIS weekend was supposed to be the MOST wonderful weekend of the year thus far. I had everything planned to a "T". Let me start with Wednesday.
Wednesday, got a call from daycare that Tucker was running a fever. I knew he would be soon because his ears were draining and he was snotty and coughing. So here we go to the doc. We got home and all settled and I thought I could get some house work done..hahah! Man I had no clue what was going to happen next. Wednesday night around 6..I am sick. Like on my death bed sick. Nate took care of Tucker and I.

Thursday. I was still sick so my mom and memaw came and took care of me and my baby (who is still sick). They cleaned, they cooked and I thought man I have it made.

Friday. Tucker is still sick but we thought he was over the hump. I was feeling much better and had TONS of running(with Tucker throwing up in the backseat) to do for the party Saturday.

Saturday. Woke up after 3 hours of sleep because we got Tucker a new puppy for his bday that whined and howled all night. Nate was SICK. Sicker than a dog. There was too much for me to do to process Nate being sick, so I continued on with my day. After picking up my cake from the cake lady, who god love her dropped my 2 dozen cookies after walking out the door I was almost heading home for the party. I ordered more cookies and THEN headed home. Got a phone call from my mom and my memaw that they were always sick with the bug. Got home and realized that Nate was of no good use. He had the bug. The problem?? Well he was the food maker that day. So after my mother in law and dad volunteered to make the rest of the food I thought we were on our way to the party. WRONG. Tucker got a HORRIBLE rash, reaction to the meds he was on under his diaper and was miserable. So here we head to the party all decorated and waiting for fun times only to find out that NATE can't get off the couch to come, my mom and grandma were in the same boat and Tucker was still miserable from the rash.
We ate cake, opened gifts and Tucker cried and whined and wanted held all during the party.
We got home around 8 and I lost it. I cried myself to sleep. I wanted this perfect party and none of it happened.

Sunday. My father in law and sister in law are now sick. Along with a couple friends. Tucker is feeling better and so is Nate and the rest of the bug crew. Its all over with.

BUT we are having a second party soon. One with daddy, gigi, memaw and several other cousins and aunts and uncles. Tucker deserves it, Nate deserves it and I deserve it. I will be bringing wine.

Today I am THANKFUL that we have a new dog. Yes I think we are nuts for getting it and yes it will drive me crazy but when it snuggled with me Saturday night when I was upset about the WHOLE party and situation. When my other boys were sick, I still had the dog.

I DO have some great pics..I will post soon :)


Amy said...

oh, my. I am so sorry! That is not fair :( NO sick babies or anyone else! We had a lot of ppl cancel bc of sickies too. I hope you get your second party!!!

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Boo! Sorry everyone was sick but I'm sure the second party will be GREAT!

Hannah said...

I hate all that mess for you!!! Your party was perfect though! The food and decorations were great and soooo cute! You did a great job! Glad everyone is feeling better!!! Lay back and enjoy the second party. You deserve it :)