Friday, November 12, 2010

Nine pounds of JOY

Friday: I am THANKFUL for Tucker's daycare providers. They will be throwing him a birthday party today because....
TUCKER IS ONE TODAY!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday to the LOVE OF MY LIFE. My light, my joy, the reason I get up at 3:30 in the mornings (unwanted)!

This time last year I was laying in the hospital room already for 10 hours. I had my water broke and I was working on an epidural. I continued to lay there till 3:00 when I went back for surgery. A 3:59 pm, I saw the prettiest baby in the world. I was still in shock that I was split open on a table so I am not sure what my reaction was, but Nate cried tears of JOY. I looked at his dark hair and thought "is that my kid b/c my kid wouldn't' have dark hair". Then I feel in LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!. He sure has changed my life for good.
Yesterday was a prime example: I stood up by best friend for a wine trip because I couldn't' stand the thought of taking him to daycare on my day off the day before his birthday. I wanted to soak up every minute with him because I knew on his actual bday I had to work. ( If your reading this, I will take you up on that offer Sunday, NOT standing up either). I battle with this a lot being a working mother. Guilt gets the best of me all the time, how do I change that??
Another example: I found really cute boots yesterday at TJ Maxx and I put them back because I found something for Tucker instead! Yep, that's love ladies!!!


So here's the baby who has changed me!!!

Saturday: I am thankful for "The wonder Pets". Sometimes Tucker needs alone time on the couch and I am thankful for cartoons to do this

Sunday: I am thankful for my church. I love it...everything about it!

2 comments:

gv said...

Awesome post! Happy birthday Tuck Man!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Tucker! I hope you have a fabulous day!

It's amazing how our lives change in one short year!

ps. love wonder pets too ;)