Today over here, they are talking about Mothers day/Fathers day!
Ideas for gifts, plans, traditions and all sorts of fun things. Mothers day is just around the corner and I am sooooo blessed to be included in the "mother days" world.
Being a mother is the BEST gift in the world. I had trouble getting to were I am today...but today I am a mother of a beautiful blond headed blue eyed boy. I couldn't be happier!!!!! (all those waiting, I still urge and pray for you to someday have this feeling). I am so blessed and Tucker makes me the happiest person ever!
So the question is what do you do/get/traditions on Mom day?
We usually run around like crazy people with our heads cut off delivering gifts to our Mothers and Grandmothers. It brings me joy to still be able to visit with our mom/grandmas and I wouldn't trade them for the world. I enjoy getting together with everyone and saying "Happy Mothers day"
Our moms and grandmoms always get a special gift and card and of course there are BIG meals and lots of SWEETS.
Nate and Tucker always get me something GREAT and they do their best at trying to make my day special.
BUT her is what I would REALLY LOVE to do on Mothers DAY:
1. Sleep soundly...all morning with NO interruptions. For example: I don't want to get up and make oatmeal. I don't want to change the over-night diaper that weighs 65 lbs.
2. When I wake up...I want to use the bathroom and shower all in peace. Nobody seeing my body parts and nobody asking questions while I get ready that I have to scream the answers to them over the hair dryer. Ex: Where it he remote?? Have you seen Tucker's shoes??
3. I would like to NOT run around all day like the crazy people we are. Nah, I would rather go get a pedicure OR to the winery. Both would be great. I want to talk with other adults and talk...and talk..and sip wine..and talk and gulp wine.
4. A whole day...just for ME. I mean it is Mothers day right?
5. I dont' want bath duty
6. I dont' want nap duty
7. Then I shall come home after a nice relaxing day/evening and I want to be with Tucker. I want to do the fun stuff like play, swing and be happy.
8. Then I want to fall asleep in my bed reading my book and say "Wow, a day to myself....wow"!
I mean I LOVE my kid to the moon and back. BUT one day outta the year...just one..a whole day to myself. Wow...a girl can dream right?
Favorite garden plants for all-year color
2 days ago