Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The debate

Tucker is a big boy. He has always been 75% in both height and weight. So now is the time to get a new car seat. The little carrier is just not cutting it. So I ordered this Britax. Well because I thought Britax was supposed to be the best

Its cute, its practical and it has great ratings. I wanted something comfy, something he could sleep in still comfortably and something with good ratings.



Well then I saw this!!!


It has side airbags people?

But are those side airbags better than the regular side impact protection??? Is it comfortable?

I am not worried about money...not that I have a lot because I am always broke anyways...but for the simple fact the carseat I pick will get used because I plan on using it for all the kiddos in the future (if and how many ).

Help on this would be great. I had heartburn for 5 hours today and I know its because I was worrying about carseats all day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to make your decision more complicated but we went with the Graco My Ride 65. I want to rear face as long as possible and especially because Isaac is so big (21 pounds already at 6 months) I wanted a 40 pound limit on rear facing. We've been using it for a little more than a week and it's great so far!

gv said...

Good luck with your decision!

Cecilia said...

I've heard a lot of good things about Britax, but Kristal's sounds pretty nice too with that added benefit. Just looked up yours: it has a 40 pound limiit for rear facing. The airbags on the Safety-1st seat seem more like a gimmick than anything. I could be wrong. Just a heads up since you mentioned you would use the seat for all the kids you have: the shelf life a car seat is 5-6 years, barring it hasn't been in an accident, and that's from when it was produced not purchased. Of course, no price is too great when it comes to the safety of your child.

Natalie "The Pampered Mom" said...

Well I am a HUGE fan of safty one ... but that Britax is super cute!