Friday, August 27, 2010

9 month check up

I have to keep my standards set high for my "Mother of the Year" award, so I was 3 weeks late (meaning Tucker is closer to 10 months than 9) for his 9 month check up. Everything we heard from the doctor looks great!!! Tucker is 22lbs (he slimmed down ALOT with all this walking) and he is 29 3/4 inches tall. WE are 76% in weight and height! They are impressed by his walking skills and he has 7 teeth and doing all kinds of jabbering.
Ever heard the saying" It takes 9 months to have a baby and 9 months to get over having a baby"?? YEP lets talk about that.
I have to admit this is somewhat true. I always thought at 4 months I would look like a model....then when that didn't' happen I just knew at 6 months I would be working out all the time, eating right and look like a model. Well shoot...that hasn't' happened at all. At 9 months I still don't have a model body, I eat what I want and I never work out. Unless laundry is working out??? But, I gained tons of weight with Tucker. I am telling you ladies I was a whale. I know I gained over 50-55 lbs. Yep, I was large and in charge. The best news after 9 months is I am happy with my weight now. I weigh about the same as I did before pregnancy. The worst part, my body will never be the same. I am FINALLY ok with never having my old body. I am ok with the wrinkled stomach, cellulite and all the beautiful stretch marks. I am ok with looking in the mirror and still feeling fat. YEP, totally ok with that. Why am I ok with it?? I got to the point where I was worrying about my body, weight, etc too much. I want to enjoy baby kisses and playing instead of wasting my energy worrying. And besides, Nate still love me ( I think??) I know we will have more kids one day and I swear I will loose all the weight after that.
YOu believe me right??

4 comments:

JennyLee said...

You're beautiful no matter what!

Hannah said...

You look great,Momma!!! Let's face it. We love our kids, and we love our food. Who cares about anything else? Haha :)

gv said...

Great job losing the weight! As long as you're happy and comfortable with yourself that's all that matters.

Amy said...

I agree, you look great. I am getting there too. The same weight i was before i was prego (but that wasn't good to start wtih lol) but coming to terms w/my stretch marks and flab