Thursday, September 1, 2011

Only for September

I LOVE me some September!!! It has to be one of my favorite months ever. I just get chills thinking of all the fun things September brings. For starters, I celebrate my birthday and our anniversary!! I love the fairs, parades, cooler weather in the evenings, making chili, making nachos, FOOTBALL, and so much more! Next week marks NFL kick-off and its pretty much a Holiday at our house. We get all excited and blare the tv and make nachos and a fun dessert. This Saturday marks the kick off to College Football. As big of a sports maniac as I am, I have never gotten in to college football and I blame it on the college I went to being to small to "get it". So this year my new agenda is to understand all about college football and get excited about it. I am learning the divisions and polls as we speak!!! But who will I cheer for....well MIZZOU of course! I am from Missouri peeps :)

I ordered all Tuckers new football gear and I am waiting on that to arrive any day..whoop whoop. Oh and don't think baby girl wont have some of the cutest football gear too :) (just with matching bows)

I leave you with a dip I am going to make for our football weekend!!!



Cowboy Caviar:
Ingredients:

1 can of black beans

1/2 can of sweet corn (drained)

1/3 a cup of fresh chopped cilantro

1/2 a cup of chopped red onion

1 medium sized jalapeno, finely chopped

1 package of Philadelphia cream cheese

1/2 a cup of sour cream

1/4 a cup of ranch dressing

1/2 a lime



Directions:

Soften cream cheese and mix with sour cream and ranch dressing. Spread evenly on serving dish. In a separate bowl mix black beans, corn, cilantro, red onion and jalapeno. Squeeze 1/2 of a lime into this mixture. Spread over the cream cheese mixture. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy.



1 comment:

Paige said...

Don't you just LOVE Fall? Ah, I cannot wait for it to cool off and be surrounded by all of the good food and things that come with the season! That reciepe sounds so good!