Thursday, January 15, 2009

Day Two: open your eyes!

Its funny to watch Nate and I take care of Cooper, commical actually....we are great at it dont get me wrong but its like two monkeys getting thrown in the tigers ring! I am used to babies, worked at a daycare, always wanted to be around babies and I think its just a women's instinct. Nate on the other hand has no idea really what is going on..does any guy? I still am not sure what I am doing wrong at night time with Cooper, but every 2 or 3 hours on the dot he is waking up and fussing a little...so I swaddle him, give him his passy or maybe an ounce of milk and he is back to sleep. When he is crying his eyes are still closed too.....any suggestions? Well I will be asking his mother tonight just in case I am doing something wrong! Back to Nate. He is always saying "lay him with me" when Cooper rises at 5:30 in the morning and this morning I said, why didn't you offer to watch him when he was up all the other times.....Oh he says, I had no idea he was crying! Pathetic!!! He also wants to burb Cooper after half an ounce of milk, which Cooper screams because he hadn't had enough yet.....but Nate wants to learn on his own and not be corrected so I don't say anything until he finally asks" What am I doing wrong"! Its a great experience for him I tell....well for both of us!
On a lighter note...I heard this song on the radio yesterday, and laughed laughed laughed! NO matter what your political views are this song makes you smile...maybe even laugh!
(I can't upload the video but it is worth clicking here .....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go_SZ4oifAU

3 comments:

Natalie "The Pampered Mom" said...

That is soo cute! Ryan was the same way with Braeden ... he was crying last nigt? I didn't hear him (he slept in our room for a while ...geez. And he would also want to burp him right after an ounce ... but he learned.

Teisha said...

Not exactly planning it. But since Dalton went to the "big guy" I kinda feel like it's outta my hands..lol. Whatever happens, happens at this point :)

Jill said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for reading it from the beginning! That's a big task and I feel grateful for you taking the time to do that...

Anyway, I wanted to say that I'm so very sorry for your losses. I don't know what you are going through exactly, because as you said, our stories are different. However, we both have the same goal! I hope to follow you through this process and hopefully some time soon, we can both share in the joy of having our OWN 5 month old bringing us joy!

Thanks again for your comment and for following my blog! I really do appreciate you and the time that it took to get to the current days post! ;)