Friday, August 8, 2008

Mosquitos, cowboys and dirt




This weekend is going to be an eventful one but I am ready!! I get off at 12 today and couldn't be happier. I will leave work, so after a little Wal-Mart run and then head straight for our pool :) Tonight a great group of 7 friends are going to the Sikeston Rodeo to see Gary Allan!!! I usually never miss a year at the rodeo. I enjoy the dirt, mosquitos, social aspect and the cowboys are easy on the eyes as well :) We always have a great time it seems!


Saturday I have a family renuion. Usually these things are a drag for me, but the older I get the more I love the company of family. It is great to enjoy some adult company and get to catch up on everyone's life. I will be making a fresh vegetable medley and a caramel/chocolate cheesecake. Both recipies are easy enough to make after a long night and early renuion! Saturday we are back at the rodeo with Nate's family. Krista(6) and Nick (4) have never been and they will enjoy all the bullriding and roping. Jason Alden is playing Saturday night and he is young and exciting so I am sure he will put on a great show. I know its very country and a little Redneck to enjoy such thing, but we are in Southeast Missouri and I love to be a little country at time :)


Sunday will bring a day of rest maybe




Hopefully I can see some of my blogging buddies.....anybody going to the rodeo?

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey Kara
I have been at the Rodeo every night working the boy scout concession stand. Come by and see me we have the best nachos. Have a blast. Look for the green BSA shirts.

Alaina @ Three Ladies and a Dad said...

No rodeo for us. We were thinking about Gary Allen but it just never happened.

Have fun!

Natalie "The Pampered Mom" said...

Hey, I am so glad you said hello! I had not seen your blog, but I love it! Congrats on the wedding!!