Friday, June 25, 2010

Well deserved

The last time I went out with my girlfriends Tucker was 3 maybe 4 months old. The last time Nathan and I had a date night was 7 1/2 months ago. (yep, before Tucker). Things have been busy in the hay field, redoing a rent house (pictures later) and basically just the everyday hussle and bussle.
Today I set off on a journey. Work 4 hours....run some errands without a stroller or car seat, maybe catch a few sun rays by the pool, and then off to meet my 2 best friends for a dinner/wine date. I am excited...thrilled. I know its still not a date with the husband but this will come soon enough. Usually either I stay home and nate works or he stays home with Tucker and I enjoy some time. See, its hard to catch a date night. BUT I will take a girls day anytime...besides you can't talk about your husband with him around, you need girlfriends for that :)

I hope everyone has as great of a weekend as I do. Today I am just practicing for the husbands 30th bday next weekend...man when did we get old?

2 comments:

gv said...

I had dinner with a friend the other night and it was fabulous. Hope you enjoy your girls night!!! You should totally eat at Dexter BBQ-my fave place in Sikeston!

Emily said...

Have fun on your girls' night! Definitely well deserved.