Wednesday, November 26, 2008
1. Nate- my soul mate, my best friend, the reason I laugh everyday. He is for sure my shoulder to lean on and my clown. Everyone always ask how married life is...well its get better everyday as we learn and experience new things
2. The rents- My parents, as they celebrate their thirty years together I am so thankful to still have them together and healthy. The did such a great job with all of us kids and they are truely the back bone of our family
3. My siblings- We are so goofy and have so much fun together. I am Thankful for our closeness and togetherness through all these years. They truely are my happiness
4. Nieces and Nephews- Wow, I never knew I could love someone else's kids so much, but my heart runeth over for these little ones
5. My inlaws-They are so caring and giving. They would do anything for us and we love to do things with them
6. My friends- These people should be right up there with family, without them I am not who I am!!!!
7. I have to stop sometime, so these all get thrown in together.......Turkey dressing, pumpkin pie and sweet pot. I am so ready to eat all this great stuff and be so thankful that my belly is full!!!!
Nate and I will start at my parents house who host our big family Thanksgiving then over the hills and through the woods to his grandma's house. We are soooo lucky our family lives so close so we can visit with everyone! This means twice the food...yummm:) Then friday up early on Friday (around 4) to catch all the good bargains.
Happy Thanksgiving..what are you thankful for?
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
#1. THE EVERYTHING FRIEND.
My best friend ever!!!I say the everything friend because Hannah is my everything friend. She is my best friend and will always be.She is the friend who listens and isn't affraid to tell me the truth. When I need to know an honest answer to something she will give it to me, but in that sweet I wont hurt your feelings way. She listens and listens and listens to me.....she knows me from inside out. Everything there is to know she knows (which might be scary). She is always the one to lift my spirits. She can make me laugh and give up anything to be by my side in a heartbeat. She knows when we need a girls day out or just a talk on the phone. I don't get through my days, weeks without her. We have been friends for at least 10 years and it is always fun to relive time with her. We will always be best friends, not a doubt in my mind. She also just started a blog, so check it out!!!!
#2 THE SWEETEST AND LONGEST FRIEND.
Carrie, man where do I even start. I have seriously know her since 1st grade. We have been through skating ring birthday parties to bar hopping birthday parties. She is the kindess most geneous person I know. She always has an open ear and always has the postive feed back I need. She is for sure my uplifter. You can't have a negative attitude around this girl because she is always so postive. I thank God for Carrie and although we dont' see each other as much as we would like, everytime she is in town we always make time to have a drink and gossip.
#3 THE DOUBLE FRIEND
My sister in Law Jin, is the friend that I have never had. We only met 5 or so years ago and we haven't always been like sisters but we made the adjustment. Now, I can't go a week or even a couple days without her. She lives very close to me now, and that is even better. She is an honest friend and the friend that I envy. I envy her with the way she is a great mother, a great wife and a always has a great attitude. She is always honest with me and will listen like nobody else. When I cry she will cry with me or for me. She knows how to have a good time and girl talks with her are the best!!!! I am so happy for it to me my mom, me and my sister Jin all the time!
#4 THE WILD AND FUN FRIEND.
Jenny and I have had our outs, but one thing about it she is always having fun and up for an adventure. She is the care free friend who is still having the best time of her life. I love when she comes into town because you always know you are going to have a blast doing whatever you do. She is honest and will tell you or anybody else exactly what is on her mind.
#5 THE GUY FRIEND
Garrett..well he is my best guy friend. I have known him since I was 4. He was the little red headed punk all through grade school and well that has never changed. He will always give me a hard time and pick on me much like a brother, but he always knows when I need just a pat on the back or a call when I am having a rough time. He is brutely honest (aren't most guys) but knows how to have a blast. His wife Linz has always become a part of my life and I cherish her very much. She is fun to do everything with..and is always up for girl parties or dinner dates.
#6 THE GOSSIPING,SHOPPING DUO
Gina, is my work friend but also so much more. I knew her before I got the job I have now and we were good friends before seeing each other everyday. Now that we get the pleasure of seeing each other all the time we have become great friends. We have been through so much in this last year and its great to have some to come to during the day to vent, cry or even laugh with. You would think working with someone everyday would get old, but it never does. We always find a new subject and always try to make the best out of everything. We even like to have a great time on the weekend after seeing each other everyday. She is my secret keeper!
#7 MY MAID
Distance makes the heart grow founder. My cousin Annah has always been my bestest friend. We grew up as close as sisters and although we are in different areas now we will always be close. We finish each others sentences and often dress the same without knowing. I know we will always be close and when life gets settled for us both we will pick up where we left off
#8 MY MOM
Nothing to explain here...my mom and I have that great bond. I could go on and on but we have an awesome relationship that requires us to talk daily. Basicly she is awesome!
#9 THE MAN OF MY LIFE
Nate...I am not going to go on and on here either, I wouldn't have married him if he wasn't my best friend. I could write books on this guy, but basicly he is my protector, lover, friend, witness and my life time partner
OK...way too long. So tell me about your friends
Monday, November 17, 2008
First thing is first....I will be decorating my house for the next couple of weeks. I am dragging out all my decorations and I hope to be totally done after Thanksgiving. These means the inside and out. I want all my decor done long before th party
Second..the food?? I am unsure to make a big pot of chili with plenty of sweets or appetizers and sweets. There are so many ideas but not sure what people will want at the party. It will start around 3 and end whenever the last person leaves. This means it can run into dinner time. I was thinking Chili with all the fixens, some vegetable pizza for appetizers, some chips and dip, and plenty of desserts....is this too much?
Third..plenty of Christmas music in the background. I have some of my favorite I will be playing
Fourth....I purchased a second smaller tree to hang all the ornaments. Not really sure how this all works but I want my tree on display so we don't get the ornaments mixed up. So I suppose everyone will place the ornaments on the small tree (just for this party)and we will choose off that tree. I am guessing we will draw numbers for ornaments. This is still a bit fuzzy so I need yoru suggestions?
Fifth.....the drinks. Wine, coffee, and whatever else we can come up with. I know the sister is supposed to make some festive drinks but I will need a couple more ideas. Any christmas drinks out there??
I will pick out some pics tomorrow of ideas I have, but for right now I need some feed back. Come on...I know all of you creative people out there.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
.......to learn to conserve money better. Lately my money has just been flying out the windows, being spend on stuff I want and not need.
.......to deep clean my house..I mean really get organized. I think its the beginning of a winter slump. All spring and summer I am more into cleaning than I am in the winter.
.......to wake up in the mornings with a smile on my face. Again, this winter slumb leaves me feeling bumbed some days. My life is not that bad, I have it great actally!
......to finalize my christmas list. I want it all done and wrapped way before the christmas craziness sets in. I am not a last minute person, I need my ducks in a row.
.......to make a hair appt. My roots are showing badly and I need that 2 hours of down time.
.......to play with my puppy more!
.......to trust more, I am having trust issues with a friend and they don't know it really. I feel as if I am giving them all my trust.
.......to stop telling you things I need because I could go on and on
Ok this was fun, kind of venting a little but fun! I got it from here. Take a minute and do it, and let me know if you do :)
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
So pack to the list...I can't think of anything I need/want. Last year I wanted a new camera and that was my big item and I got that.....this year, nothing. I have one thing on my list so far.
1. Ugg Boots. With it being this cool already this winter I decided I had to have a pair.....and I talked my sister in law into getting a pair with. ( I wasn't sure if I could pull them off?)
Yep thats my list so far?
Anybody else have a list already, I need ideas!!!!
Monday, November 10, 2008
Saturday we were up early ( it was actually nice for once because I got plenty of stuff done before 8:30). Then we headed to visit Great grandma and grandpa. They were happy to visit with him and spoil him.
Saturday came with a sad loss too.......my brothers dog was put to sleep. We had no choice in the matter and it had to be done. Tyrus was his name and he was 8 years old. Ever since my brother left the military 5 years ago Tyrus has been living with my mom. He was such a great dog and lived a great life. He will be sadly missed by all....I shed some tears for him on Saturday!!!
Back to happier times, Sunday we took Cooper to church early. It was fun getting him all dressed up in his big boy jeans and taking him with us. He is such a character these days. Always laughing and smiling and really keeping us entertained!!!! We enjoyed him so much. We actually will have him tonight again. One more night before his mom comes home to see him!!! Tomorrow is Veternans day, a holiday for us, and since I am off I get to spend the day with Cooper, and wait for everyone to arrive home :)
I will return on Wednesday...it will be nice to have a break on a Tuesday!
Friday, November 7, 2008
We are going to have so much fun with this little guy!!!! We can't wait!
Although, I hate to miss a trip :( I am sooooo upset that I wont be going on this 4 day adventure with the family. We have so much dang fun together. I will be calling everyday and they will be rubbing it in on how much fun they are having. BUT, I will have Cooper with me so we will be having just as much fun. I will have to just wait till Thanksgiving, thats the next time I will be with the whole family :) Gosh I miss them.
So have fun mom, sister and kids and Cooper will be in great hands! We have adventures in mind already..and if he is a little spoiled when you get back, dont' blame it on me??
I know he will miss his mommy but I will take plenty of pics!
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
1. I can't stand to be cuddled, touched or so much as breathed on at night. I know, I should want to cuddle up with my husband b/c thats what girls always want, Well I am not that kinda girl. I want my own covers and I like my own space. This goes as far as lying on the couch as well. Just don't touch me and we are all happy
2. I am very outspoken and this can get me in trouble a lot. I dont' know when to hold back and when to speak my mind. Sometimes this is a great quailty and other times it gets me in trouble. I get this trait from my daddy. My mother is very reserved and never speaks out, my father on the other hand seems to be more real. When someone hurts my feelings, or causes someone I love pain I tend to tell them about. I speak about what values I hold dearly, politics or anything that can lead to discussion. I love a heated disucussion over religoin or politics....I love to argue and I love to speak my mind. But I am doing better...I have learned to control my tounge b/c my husband says I should do better!!!!
3. I am scared of my own shadow. I live in the country now and I wont go outside after dark unless Nate is with me. I know...grow up...if Nate is away for work, I stay at my mom's.
4. I am never completely happy with the way my hair is. The color the cut..doesn't matter, I am never happy. I often compare my hair with other peoples and think what is wrong with mine. I want to die my hair dark all the time but never do. I was born a blonde and I guess will always stay a blonde but envy all the burnetts out there
5. I don't function in the mornings at all....dont' talk to me or call me too early b/c I will be oscar or have no idea what we talked about. I dont' do well until I have my caffeine in me. On my way to work I fill my coffee cup and have my down time and I am great after 8!
6. I get a giggly feeling all inside me when I get comments on my blog. This comes from me loving people...really...I know I speak my mind but I love making new friends. You can never have enough girls who understand you.
7. I only make my bed when company is coming over. The husband doesn't care if its made so why should I? I know, I try to do better but I just can't get myself to make it.
Ok, I know these are far from funny or even anything slightly attention grabbing but they are random and thats what I was supposed to do. And I am supposed to tage 7 people so here we go:
Lindsey...you may have just done this??
Glamorous Housewife.....pretty sure you have been tagged already!
Thanks for doing this gals!
Monday, November 3, 2008
Red Hot chili Pepper Cooper!!! Isn't he just a Gerber baby?
Here we are at the party with hunter Annah.
Every good Jockey needs a horse.....here is Kim and Lee's racing horse/dog Bently
We had a great weekend as you can tell!!!