Monday, August 31, 2009

Weekend Recap and a Sweatshirt!!!

The weather this weekend was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!! The highs were in the upper 70's and the lows down to 55!!! It gave you that little touch of fall to get everyone going. We spent some much needed girl/kid time Sunday walking our downtown area. We threw rocks in the river, ate at a little bakery and shopped at junk stores all day!!! It was the perfect way to spend the day. By the time I arrived home to Nate the temps were in the 60s and I had to throw on a sweatshirt. Nothing is better than sweatshirt weather.

The only thing that has me not wanting fall is having to buy new maternity clothing. I thought I could make my clothes stretch out and last until Tucker arrived. I guess I am wrong..I will be getting cold in my tank tops. So I am thinking a lot of jackets that I can possible wear after the baby?? I will be checking out Target very soon.

We have ordered our paint and Nate is starting on it tonight. I am sooo excited. 9 weeks and counting. I can't believe I will have a little one in my arms in 9 weeeks! I mean this will fly by!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This weather is just too amazing.

Regarding maternity wear - I would buy some long non-maternity cardigans to get you through the last little bit. I actually have a bunch of boyfriend type sweaters from before I was pregnant that I plan on wearing open with maternity tees and tanks.

gv said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend. Good luck with the maternity clothes!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

That sounded like a wonderful weekend! So much fun! The weather sounds gorgeous=) Yay for painting, 9 weeks left, wow! There are a lot of flowy shirts now that aren't maternity, that you could wear afterwards too if you're looking for non-maternity=) And have you tried the bellaband?

Amy said...

I am so not buying more maternity clothes, lol. I figure that by the time this man comes out it will be ok to get by with a little sweater that i can throw over my maternity shirts!

and i can't believe how close we are getting! I am so ready (well after this damn room gets painted!!!!!)

JennyLee said...

Loving this Fallish weather so soon!

Sweet Simplicity said...

I'm loving this cooler weather! Only 9 weeks!! That is going to go so fast! Yay!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I love this cool weather.

leah @maritalbless said...

Buying a nice hoodie will totally be worth it!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Yay for nice weather and hoodies! :)